About Me

My photo
An adventurous, giggly 20-something-year-old woman who no longer believes that being skinny is the only way to be happy, healthy and beautiful.

Friday, November 18, 2011

My New Skin Makes Me Want to Dance in Front of a Mirror

The other day I went back to the salon and picked up my AMAZING new face creams. Honestly, if there was another way to highlight the word "amazing" I would do it, because that's how great this stuff is. I've gone through phases where I take better care of my skin, so I'm not a complete stranger to good skin care. But I've never gotten results that were big enough to "wow" me -- to really make me think it's worth it to spend those extra few minutes a day and those valuable extra dollars on skin care products. But this stuff makes me want to spend my days caressing my cheeks and dancing in front of my mirror.

What is it that has me dancing, you ask? It's a brand of creams by a German company called Jean D'Arcel. Unfortunately, it's something that has to be imported, so if you don't have a distributor near you it might be a pain to get. But if you can get your hands on it, it's definitely worth it!I have dry, sensitive skin with a few red splotches, so the beautician recommended I use three products: the Nano Q10 + Omega 3 + 6 Energizing Day CreamNano Q10 + Omega 3 + 6 Energizing Night Cream, and Couperose Cream (applied in the morning with the day cream to treat the red patches).

All in all they came to a little over $100, not including the other products I use as supplements (cleanser, toner, scrub, makeup remover, mask). Yes, that is a bit pricey, but for me the fact that I can look so beautiful even without makeup makes it worth it. And when I feel like I look beautiful, I act differently: I walk down the street like I'm the sexiest person alive, I smile much more brightly, I speak much more confidently. And with great skincare products, I can dash out of bed in the morning and just throw on some clothes, mascara and lip gloss and feel beautiful. Isn't that worth $100 every couple of months?

So I'll end this post with my new daily skincare routine. Hopefully it might help someone else get better skin! And if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve on it I'd love to hear them!

  1. Remove eye makeup with a makeup remover
  2. Remove dirt with a cleanser (I use Neutrogena's Deep Clean Cream Cleanser)
  3. Spray a bit of toner (I use Twinlab's NA-PCA with Aloe Vera) on a cosmetic sponge and remove any last traces of dirt
  4. Pat face dry with towel
  5. Two sprays of toner, one on each cheek, and use fingers to press into face
  6. Jean D'Arcel products. In the morning: couperose cream on the red spots, followed by the day cream; In the evening: night cream 
Once a week I also exfoliate with a Glo Therapeutics' Pumpkin Enzyme Scrub while in the shower. 

Thanks for reading! Next post is going to be fun, because you'll finally get to see some pictures! As Not Blue At All pointed out in yesterday's post, there's no reason why pictures and the camera can't be a fat woman's best friends!

Also in the works ... a special gift giveaway! I'm taking the idea from Healthy Hedonista and am going to send a gift to one lucky person who follows my blog and reposts my giveaway on Facebook and Twitter. What exactly this gift will be is still up in the air. I'm open to suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment